Newsletter #42: Senior Ryder Cup President’s 2021 Spring Update
Senior Ryder Cup
President’s 2021 Spring Update
On behalf of your SRC Board of Directors welcome to the 22nd edition of the Senior Ryder Cup, Canada’s largest team golf competition. This year we will be proceeding with a record 148 member clubs, an increase of 24 clubs from our 2019 season. Almost 1700 of Ontario’s leading senior golfers are participating in this year’s matches. Twelve hundred regular season matches will be conducted with play continuing into early August. Two teams from each of the 36 divisions will qualify for the five regional playoffs:
Lexus of London
Maple City C.C.
Brantford G &C.C.
The top three teams from each of the five playoff events move on to the SRC Championship at Whistle Bear on September 14th (practice round September 13th). As the host club, Whistle Bear has an automatic entry into the Championship.
Click onto our website (www.seniorrydercup.com) to stay current with Divisional results throughout the season. The divisional schedules are on the SRC website under ‘Events’ ‘Schedule by Division’ including match dates and formats. Results are under ‘Division Standings’. As noted, the top two teams from each division move on to the SRC Playoffs whether you are in a four-team or a five-team division.
Click on ‘Tournaments’ to view dates of SRC Member Club Events. To add your Club’s Senior Invitational date to the website, notify our Director of Web Management, Chris Parris, at email@example.com.
As you know our 2020 season was cancelled due to the pandemic. Rest assured your Board continues to make every effort to ensure a successful 2021 season. The Board have approved some changes, in the event they are necessary, to allow for the season’s completion including the playoffs and Championship. Your Captain will keep you posted.
We welcome the following clubs to the Senior Ryder Cup competition:
New clubs for the 2021 season:
- Baxter Creek Golf Club - Fraserville;
- Carlisle Golf Club - Carlisle;
- Cataraqui Golf and Country Club - Kingston;
- Cedar Green Golf Club – Sudbury (Garson);
- Cedarhurst Golf Club – Beaverton;
- Cedar Green Golf Club – Garson;
- Eagle Creek Golf Club - Dunrobin;
- Glendale Golf Club - Hamilton;
- Hylands Golf Club - Gloucester;
- Idylwylde Golf and Country Club - Sudbury;
- Kingswell Glen Golf Club – Petrolia;
- Lapeer Country Club - Lapeer, Michigan;
- Meadowbrook Golf and Country Club - Gormley;
- North Bay Golf & Country Club - North Bay;
- Osprey Links Golf Course – Callander;
- Rebel Creek Golf Club - Petersburg;
- Sleepy Hollow Golf & Country Club - Whitchurch-Stouffville
- Springville Country Club – Springville, NY;
- The Oaks of Cobden Golf Club - Cobden;
- Timberwolf Golf Club – Sudbury (Garson);
New Clubs from 2020’s cancelled season:
- Brooklea Golf Club - Midland;
- Casselview Golf Club – Casselman;
- Champlain Golf Club – Gatineau, PQ;
- Craigowan Golf Club – Woodstock;
- Crosswinds Golf & Country Club – Burlington;
- eQuinelle Golf Club – Kemptville;
- Homestead Golf Club – Durham;
- Indianwood Golf & Country Club – Lake Orion, Michigan;
- Loyalist Golf & Country Club – Bath;
- Orchard Beach Golf Club – Keswick;
- Pembroke Golf Club – Pembroke;
- Petawawa Golf Club – Petawawa;
- Renfrew Golf Club – Renfrew;
- Rolling Meadows Golf Club – Niagara Falls;
- Smugglers Glen Golf Club – Lansdowne;
- The Links at Dover Coast Golf Club – Port Dover;
- Trafalgar Golf & Country Club – Milton;
- Transit Valley Golf Club – East Amherst NY;
- Upper Canada Golf Club – Morrisburg;
- Victoria Park East Golf Club – Puslinch.
Rules and Games Committee update for 2021 SRC matches
All applicable COVID 19 rules, associated with each host club, will be in play.
We thank our SRC sponsors for their continued commitment to the Senior Ryder Cup for the 2021 season - Callaway Golf (5th year), Jackson Triggs Wines (5th year), Lexus of London (5th year) and Visit Tucson (4th year). We welcome, and thank, Steinberg Wealth Management for coming on board as a new sponsor, this season. Steinberg have made a three-year commitment. Members are encouraged to support our sponsors. During the season, you will be hearing more from each sponsor. The sponsor logos are on the SRC homepage. Click on any of these logos to be directed to the sponsor’s proprietary website.
The following sponsors will be providing contributions for the SRC playoffs and SRC Championship – Mombacho Cigars and Muskoka Breweries. There are several additional sponsors in the wings and you will be notified once they have signed agreements.
Efforts are ongoing to enhance the SRC website (www.seniorrydercup.com) in order to provide all members with a well-informed experience. The SRC database includes significant historical information on team and individual performances.
On the SRC home page, please click on ‘News’ to view all newsletters from the past few years. The homepage ‘Latest News’ section is regularly updated.
Members will be informed on any Government changes that may affect our season.
2021 SRC Championship
The SRC is diligent in ensuring that no SRC playoff and Championship dates conflict with other sanctioned GAO, CSGA and Golf Canada events. That was the case, again, this season as our Championship date was set and a contract signed with Whistle Bear. Unfortunately, with COVID, the GAO have had to reschedule their July Senior Championship dates and their Championship dates now conflict with the SRC Championship date.
Please remember that the SRC allows team alternates to play in the SRC Championship.
Wishing all Senior Ryder Cup members an enjoyable season of competition and camaraderie!
President, the Senior Ryder Cup.