Newsletter # 29 July/August update - Activities underway for 2021 Senior Ryder Cup Season
July/August update - Activities underway for 2021 Senior Ryder Cup Season
Even though our 2020 season was cancelled, your Senior Ryder Cup Board has commenced activities for the 2021 season. Here are some of the highlights:
- Five playoff events have been scheduled, as follows:
- August 9 - Central Region Playoff at Whitevale Golf Club;
- August 12 – Eastern Region Playoff at Brockville Country Club;
- August 16 – Georgian Region Playoff at Barrie Country Club;
- August 20 – Lexus of London South West Region Playoff at Maple City Country Club;
- August 24 – Niagara Region Playoff at Brantford Golf and Country Club;
Depending on the number of member clubs participating in 2021 there could be a sixth playoff locale and date.
- The 2021 Championship is scheduled for Whistle Bear Golf Club with a practice round on Monday, September 13 and the Championship on Tuesday, September 14.
- The 2020 season would have seen the number of member clubs increase to a record 152. For the 2021 season there will be a minimum of 160 member clubs, a new record for Canada’s largest senior golf competition.
- Final approval for 2021 divisions and regions will be made by October 15th. Captains will be advised of their 2021 divisions no later than October 31st. Based on recommendations from our 2019 Captains survey, the SRC is working on details of providing the opportunity, if necessary, for a limited number of 5 team divisions.
- Our main sponsors, Callaway Golf, Jackson Triggs Wines, Visit Tucson and Lexus of London continue to be supportive of the Senior Ryder Cup and we expect that all will continue that support for 2021. Members are encouraged to consider each of these sponsors when making a purchase, or travel plans;
- A note from Jack McLean, Senior Ryder Cup Captain from Mill Run Golf Club, in Uxbridge, who have found a way to continue the Senior Ryder Cup tradition:
After selecting two teams made up of current, former and prospective SRC players, Mill Run held the first stage of our SRC Simulation on Sunday, July 5th. We started with Two-man Scramble and by the end of August will have completed all match play events used in the 2020 SRC schedule. The guys enjoyed getting back into a competitive experience.
Here are the players practicing social distancing.
- Senior Ryder Cup members are encouraged to share any items of interest, for publication in the SRC periodic newsletters. Please send your news/comments/suggestions to ‘email@example.com’.
Stay safe and healthy!