Newsletter # 20 - Senior Ryder Cup - Pre-Championship
21st Senior Ryder Cup Championship
Devil’s Pulpit – Thursday, September 5th
Following 1000+ regular season and playoff matches, the stage is set for this year’s Senior Ryder Cup Championship, for the Art Stead Trophy, at Devil’s Pulpit.
Congratulations to the 16 clubs who have qualified: Cutten Fields (SRC Champions – 2010, 2017), Grand Niagara Golf Club, Whitevale Golf Club, Barrie Country Club, West Haven Golf & Country Club, Saugeen Golf Club, Devil’s Pulpit (defending champion), Port Colborne Country Club (2000 SRC Champion), Midland Golf & Country Club, Legacy Ridge Golf Club, Lookout Point Country Club (SRC Champions – 1999, 2004, 2015), Donalda Golf Club, The Briars Golf & Country Club, The Oaks Golf Club, Sunningdale Golf & Country Club and Listowel Golf Club.
Fifteen of these clubs will be attempting to wrest the championship from Devil’s Pulpit, last year’s Champions who have, again, qualified for this year’s event.
Thanks to the generosity of our corporate sponsors (Callaway Golf, Jackson Triggs Wines, Visit Tucson and Lexus of London), and the Senior Ryder Cup, there is no cost to participants for the Championship which includes full buffet breakfast, golf, cart, range, after golf cocktails and hors d’oeuvres, the Championship dinner, award presentations along with welcome gifts, prizing and after dinner draws.
Courtesy of Callaway Golf (increased support for the fifth consecutive year):
- a sleeve of Callaway Chrome Soft golf balls with the SRC logo and ‘2019 Championship’ imprinted on each ball will be provided to each participant;
- an Odyssey Stroke Lab putter for closest to the pin on one hole;
- players on the winning team will each receive one of eight Fusion 14 golf bags suitably logo’d with the Senior Ryder Cup logo and ‘2019 Champions’;
- there will be blind draws for each of eight OGIO kit bags and each of eight OGIO endearment bags with the SRC logo embroidered on each bag;
- there will be a draw for a single Callaway Fusion 14 golf bag with SRC logo;
- players using Callaway clubs, at the Championship, will be eligible for draws for two Odyssey Stroke Lab putters.
Courtesy of Jackson Triggs Wines (increased support for the fifth consecutive year):
- during the playoffs, Jackson Triggs donated eight cases of their premium wines as closest to the pin prizes;
- Jackson Triggs premium wines will be sampled at the reception following the September 4th practice round;
- at the Championship each player will receive a bottle of Jackson Triggs premium red and white wine;
- for the Championship, a case of Jackson Triggs premium wines will be awarded for closest to the pin on each of two holes;
- Jackson Triggs premium wines will be served at the Championship dinner.
Visit Tucson (their second consecutive year of support): and Lexus of London (their fourth consecutive year of support):
- Lexus of London provided the opportunity to win a brand-new Lexus RX 350 for a ‘hole in one’ at the Maple City playoff;
- Both Visit Tucson and Lexus of London have made monetary contributions that are directed towards the cost of the Championship breakfast and dinner cost as well as towards the memento of two wine glasses being provided to each participant, engraved with the SRC logo and noting the ‘2019 Championship’.
Senior Ryder Cup members are encouraged to support our sponsors in the following manner:
Callaway Golf - by considering the purchase of their industry leading offerings including golf balls, clubs, bags, hats, clothing (including Travis Matthew) and other products (OGIO etc.) through your pro shop, golf retailers and/or the Callaway website;
Jackson Triggs Wines – by purchasing their wines and if your club does not list any Jackson Triggs products please ask your General Manager, and/or Food and Beverage Manager, to consider listing their products. If you need a contact at Jackson Triggs, please email ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ and we will arrange for someone to contact you to assist.
Visit Tucson – consider a golf trip to the Tucson area, especially in the winter. If you need assistance booking a trip please send a note to ‘email@example.com’ and we will put you in touch with their recommended vacation planners.
Lexus of London – consider them for your next Lexus purchase (new, leased or used). SRC members who have purchased/leased, from Lexus of London rate the dealership highly for price, delivery and quality of service (if you are distant from the dealership your local Lexus dealership can provide warranty service). Their extensive vehicle offerings are displayed on their website.
Each sponsor logo is shown on the home page of the Senior Ryder Cup website (www.seniorrydercup.com) and when you click on the sponsor logo it takes you directly to the home page of their website.
We thank our corporate sponsors for their ongoing support and wish Championship contenders a successful day on September 5th.